To continue providing exemplary and value-added equity research to clients through a coordinated effort within the Healthcare Team.
· Develop an expertise in the Healthcare/Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sector
· Assist in the development and maintenance of company-specific financial models
· Write equity research reports and sector presentations
· Develop and maintain sector specific databases
· Coordinate quarterly and year end reporting initiatives·
· Provide research support to analyst as required
· Assist with special ad-hoc projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned
· Support and answer client queries as they relate to the sector
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
· Graduate or undergraduate degree with a focus in finance and biology/medicine.
· Excellent business writing, financial modeling and communications skills
· Highly motivated and interested in working in a demanding and dynamic environment
· Detail oriented with an ability to work independently and under strict deadlines
· Prior equity research experience a plus
· Prior exposure to the pharma/biotech industry a plus
· Enrolment in Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program a plus
· Good understanding of financial/stock market also an asset
· Advanced Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, and ability to source data from the internet and various biotechnology/pharmaceutical publications
· Comfortable picking up the phone and calling company management and clients
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and coordinate effectively within a team environment
Required Skills/ Competencies/ Attributes:
Interested in finding out more? Click here: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_rbc/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=329006&localeCode=en-us
RBC Capital Markets is a Premier Investment Bank that provides a focused set of products and services to institutions, corporations, governments and high net worth clients around the world.
With over 6,300 professional and support staff, we operate out of 75 offices in 15 countries and deliver our products and services through operations in Asia and Australasia, the U.K. and Europe, and in every major North American city.
We work with clients in over 100 countries around the world to help them raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk, and acquire or dispose of assets. According to Bloomberg, we are consistently ranked among the top 20 global investment banks.
RBC Capital Markets is part of a leading provider of financial services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Operating since 1869, RBC has more than USD721 billion in assets and one of the highest credit ratings of any financial institution – Moody’s Aa1 and Standard & Poor’s AA-. RBC is one of the strongest, most stable banks globally and has a Tier 1 Capital Ratio of 13.2%. By market capitalization, RBC is among the top 20 largest banks globally and is the 6th largest in North America.