Full-Time Regional Medical Director (East Coast)-Biocompatibles Inc.
Biocompatibles Inc. is a BTG International group company. BTG is divided into three business areas, Interventional Medicine, Specialty Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology and Licensing.
The Interventional Medicine Division supplies medical devices from facilities in Farnham, UK and Oxford, CT, US. These include embolisation devices (LC Bead and Bead Block, US) and embolic Drug-Eluting Bead Products (DC Bead EU + ROW), which are used in more than 40 countries for the treatment of hypervascularised tumors and arteriovenous malformations e.g. primary liver cancer (HCC), liver metastases from colorectal cancer, and other cancers Uterine Fibroids*; and Brachytherapy products (Radiation-Delivering Seeds) which are used in the treatment of prostate cancer. (* note not all indications are applicable to the US products, for more information go to www.biocompatibles.com)
The Regional Medical Director is responsible for managing a team of MSLs responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining bi-directional scientific communication with multiple external entities, to include external scientific and medical leaders, academic medical institutions, disease and patient societies, etc. The director will act as the conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between the external scientific community in the assigned region and the company.
Qualified candidates can work anywhere in the Eastern United States.
The key responsibilities of the Regional Medical Director include:
- Develop, direct and lead a world class field based expert Medical Science Liaison team.
- Provide specialist Medical advice and education to HCPs and product users to ensure the safe and effective use of our products.
- Work with Medical Director, customers, regulatory and marketing to ensure seamless alignment of the Medical Strategy within Interventional Medicine and overall corporate strategy.
- Develop and maintain on-going relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and use medical expert input to identify new opportunities.
- Provision of internal and external therapeutic medical educational services in support of Interventional Medicine and company strategy.
- Support publication strategies. Work with Clinical, R&D, and Marketing to ensure rapid and prominent publication of in vitro pre-clinical, clinical data.
- Direct the provision of Medical Expert advice to support the statutory regulatory and pharmacovigilence requirements of the Interventional Medicine Business.
Licensure and Skill Requirements for Regional Medical Director:
- Advanced degree (Pharm.D, M.D., D.O. , or Ph.D) in Pharmacy, Medicine, or Biological Sciences preferred
- At least five years field based experience in the biopharmaceutical / device field leading a field based team
- Oncology knowledge and experience with an emphasis on cancers affecting the liver
- Experience with formal presentation and interaction with global/regional level experts is highly preferred.
- Experience in the area of external expert engagement and interaction, as well as working with academic centers of excellence.
- Demonstrated credibility within the medical community.
- Strong skills in relationship building and networking, have a strong personal initiative and function well in managing a cross-functional team
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong Business Acumen
- Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in groups in a collegial manner, including cross functional teams and internal/external networking.
BTG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation & benefit packages, challenging opportunities and a culture of working together in an entrepreneurial, supportive manner built on our strong foundation of values:
Openness Accountability Teamwork Integrity Delivery Continuous Learning
How to ApplyTo learn more about this job opportunity, click here
2323 total views, 2 today