|Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., one of the leading investment banks for mid- to small-cap companies, is currently seeking a research associate to support our senior Healthcare IT & Distribution analyst. The position will be located in New York.
We are seeking a senior level associate who can serve as primary back-up to the senior analyst. The position demands independence, initiative, and entrepreneurship, as after an intense ramp up period, the associate will gain responsibility over a broad array of report writing and model building duties. The ideal candidate will exhibit intellectual curiosity, doggedness, and an intense devotion to accuracy and quality. Strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as an ability to manage one’s own time are a must.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of sell-side and/or buy-side experience, plus all their series licenses. Other comparable financial analytical experience will be considered. Knowledge of healthcare services or the healthcare industry is a plus.
In addition to the above, we look for people who possess, or have the potential to possess, the following characteristics:
• A passion for the stock market, and equity research. It is highly advantageous to have exposure to the financial markets and equity research, as well as the day-to-day responsibilities of an equity research associate;
• Strong financial modeling, accounting, valuation, and quantitative skills. Associates are responsible for comprehensive financial modeling of covered companies and building and maintaining industry data. Attention to detail is critical;
• Strong writing and analytical skills. Associates are responsible for writing and producing equity research reports that incorporate the financial models, as well as marketing presentations and materials. Reports and analysis often need to be produced within tight constraints and the ability to work quickly is beneficial;
• Strong sales and communication skills. As time progresses, associates will interact with internal sales and trading and external clients. Responsiveness and professionalism is important;
• Ability to work independently and initiate and accomplish projects with minimal supervision. Aggressive self-starters with a strong work ethic are desirable;
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Strong PC skills: Excel, PowerPoint, HTML;
• MBA and/or CFA a plus, but not necessary, as well as Series 7, 63, 86, 87.