Fantastic opportunity for a medical doctor with solid business acumen!
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), Primary Care Information Project (PCIP) located in Long Island City, is an interdivisional program designed to use health information technology to improve population health in NYC. The Primary Care Information Project (PCIP) is the largest project of its kind nationwide, focusing on extending prevention-oriented electronic health records (EHRs) to primary care providers in NYC. Our mission is to transform the quality of health care services in NYC, especially in medically underserved communities, by helping providers to move from a paper based to an electronic health care delivery system. To find out more about this cutting edge initiative, visitwww.nyc.gov/pcip.
In collaboration with The Fund for Public Health in New York (FPHNY), a not for profit corporation serving as program partner with DOHMH to implement and advance public health initiatives, PCIP is seeking an Executive Director of Health Care Serviceswho will be responsible for managing a team of 22 highly-skilled professionals. You must possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and collaborative leadership skills. We have an aggressive agenda in place, and the ideal candidate will:
Oversee Health Care Services provided to PCIP small practices:
- Oversee Quality Improvement (QI) activities, including the design and implementation of the QI curriculum, medical home initiatives and other practice transformation efforts
- Oversee Billing Consulting activities, including the design and implementation of relevant curricula leveraging ongoing feedback from practices, changes in the software application and developments in state and federal reimbursement reform
- Oversee Panel Management, a grant-funded program providing outreach support for small practices utilizing EHR registries
- Oversee Workforce/Training activities, including the design and implementation of training programs to provide ongoing practice support according to their educational needs
Provide operational leadership to Health Care Services team:
- Implement standardized policies and procedures to ensure consistent service delivery, adequate and timely documentation and the incorporation of feedback from appropriate stakeholders
- Identify scaleable solutions to ease implementation challenges and develop programs to assist practices in providing high quality care and maximize revenue
Participate in staff training and development:
- Ensure adequate recruitment and training of team members to execute on PCIP goals
- Provide mentorship to team members to help them achieve career goals
Provide project management and senior level relationship management to participating medical practices:
- Develop and own relationships with key external parties, stakeholders and KOLs, representing PCIP and its interests
- Participate in presentations before diverse audiences, including provider groups, higher-learning institutions and other healthcare organizations
- Doctor of Medicine degree. A valid license to practice medicine in the State of New York
- At least 2 years documented hands-on experience in project management; with demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes, manage processes and motivate team members
- Working knowledge and experience with current health information technology initiatives
- At least 2-3 years managerial experience
- Experience in Quality Improvement, including PDSA and CQI.
- Expertise in clinical, technical, operational and process improvement methodologies and tools
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare regulations, accreditation guidelines and standards
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to develop and maintain budgets as necessary
- Hands-on experience with health-related organizations, preferably in the public sector
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with professionals from a variety of agencies and organizations
Salary & Benefits
The salary range is $120,000 – $135,000, commensurate with experience. FPHNY offers a comprehensive benefits package.