Full-Time Equity Research Associate- Biotech
William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is a global investment firm offering investment banking, asset management, equity research, institutional and private brokerage, and private capital to individual, institutional, and issuing clients. Since 1935, we have been committed to helping clients achieve their financial objectives. As an independent, employee-owned firm, our philosophy is to serve our clients’ interests first and foremost. We place a high value on the enduring nature of our client relationships, the quality of our products and services, and the continuity and integrity of our people. William Blair & Company is based in Chicago, with office locations including Boston; London; New York; San Francisco; Shanghai; Wilmington, Delaware; and Zurich. For more information, please visit www.williamblair.com.
We are looking for a Chicago-based Research Associate to join our Healthcare team supporting our sell-side Biotech analyst.
- Conduct research, build and/or update financial models and other statistical data for use in the formulation of security analysis, and prepare internal and external written reports, notes, and other documents to communicate investment ideas, research, news events and opinions regarding security analysis.
- Make field trips, interview company executives, prepare records and files to develop and maintain sources of information to assist in analysis activities.
- Answer inquiries from customers, personnel of the firm and the general public regarding individual securities or industry groups.
- Identify and formulate new investment ideas, and issue opinions and recommendations to clients on securities and companies in one or more industry groups targeted to follow, in order to generate new business activity.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- M.D. or Ph.D. in biology or chemistry strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years related work experience
- Strong writing skills required
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills
- Capable of building computer generated financial models
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others
- Proficient in Internet searches and Microsoft Office products
- Practical and capable of simplifying and summarizing complex information
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 must be obtained within first 90 days
As a William Blair & Company associate, you’ll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business-casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.
How to ApplyFor more details, click here.
2243 total views, 1 today