Nonclinical Associate–Global, Private Equity Firm
FIRM: Global, private equity firm with between $500M and $1B AUM, investing in early to mid-stage life sciences companies primarily in therapeutics, medical devices and diagnostics.
POSITION: The Associate will be based in Boston, and will work closely with the healthcare teams in both Boston and Asia. Approximately 75% of the Associate’s time will be spent on the firm’s already well-established China investment focus. The position will require some travel.
Associate candidates must have an MD degree, and must be able to fluently speak and read Mandarin Chinese (writing not required.) Generally speaking, this is an opportunity for someone who has at least one year of full time work experience, preferably in Strategy Consulting, Equity Research, Investment Banking or Venture Capital. Individuals with experience in a Business Development, Corporate Development or other function at a pharmaceutical or med devices company will also be considered.
This is considered an MBA-equivalent or Post-MBA role. However, an MBA is not required. Certain PhD candidates will be considered without the MD requirement.
The Associate will be responsible for:
- Quarterbacking all stages of due diligence including product-specific diligence, market analysis, and conducting primary and secondary research. Prior experience in financial modeling is a plus, but not required.
- Liaising between the US and China offices on Asian deals, supporting internal work flow.
- Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review with other investment professionals in the firm.
- Sourcing new investment opportunities through strategic analysis of market sectors and identifying appropriate targets, attending industry events (such as conferences), contacting and building relationships with executives, and reviewing business plans.
- Collaborating on internal initiatives such as recruiting.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese (spoken and read.)
- An MD degree from a top institution.
- At least one year of work experience (post-MD) in Strategy Consulting, Equity Research, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, or an operating role at a pharmaceutical or med devices company. In select cases, individuals straight out of residency at a top institution will be considered without prior work experience.
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured environment.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills.
TENURE: Associates will have promotion opportunities based upon exceptional performance.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, market competitive.
START DATE: Within two months.
How to ApplyCONTACT: Please contact Kristin Orkney at Orkney@glocap.com for additional details.
3399 total views, 1 today